261111 Job Title
Physical Therapist Assistant Location
Genesis Rehab Services
Kentucky Position Type
Casual/Per Diem Job Description POSITION SUMMARY:
The Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist.
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of physical therapy, under the direction of the physical therapist.
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as well as work related meetings.
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
4. Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical Therapist is performing tests, evaluations, and complex procedures.
5. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist.
6. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
7. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
8. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
9. Implements patient's individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist.
10. Provides individualized physical therapy treatments including but not limited to:
- Therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training
- Functional training
- Manual therapy
- Airway clearance techniques
- Integumentary repair and protection
- Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities
- Health and Wellness
- Falls Risk Interventions
- Chronic Disease Management Education
11. Organizes and facilitates treatment groups in collaboration with the physical therapist.
12. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee. I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program certified by the American Physical Therapy Association.2. Licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required by the state of practice.3. He/she must have CPR certification per GRS standards.4. He/she must have a valid driver's license.