Maverick Technical Institute (MTI) is currently looking for dedicated, talented individual to help us build a strong tradition of excellence in our program. As an MTI Instructor you would:
- Teach low-voltage Technology modules.
- Prepare a standardized course syllabus, outline and daily lesson plans and submit them to the Director no later than two weeks prior to the beginning of the term.
- Provide and review the course syllabus and outline with students on the first day of class. Maintain and ensure consistency between the module objectives and the daily lesson plans. Provide and discuss syllabus modifications with students throughout the term.
- Update and maintain current and accurate course information, including the course syllabus.
- Provide continuous maintenance of the course shell including grades, course assignments, activities, and other relevant course content. Maintain accurate records of attendance, grades, and progress of students, and report the same in a timely manner to Director.
- Prepare and administer examinations, student projects, and other teaching aids needed to fulfill the objectives of the program. Set up classroom, lab equipment, projects, assignments, etc. in preparation for each new phase or class start.
- Maintain a clean, effective, and professional learning environment.
- Attend all scheduled in-service activities, program advisory meetings, monthly program faculty meetings.
- Communicate program supply, equipment and staffing needs to the Director or prior to the beginning of each term or as needed.
- Serve as an Academic Advisor to students throughout their academic career at MTI with a minimum of one appointment scheduled with each student each module.
- Document tutoring and advising of academically struggling students (below 70%) in your course(s) on a weekly basis.
- Ensure classroom management and enforcement of school regulations and student code of conduct.
- Complete administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
Requires a minimum of a minimum of 3 years of experience in the low-voltage industry. Must have strong, current knowledge of industry practices, standards and familiarity with multiple makes and models of their components. The position requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook), excellent spelling and grammar skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and concise manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation. We are constantly striving to make our colleges the best they can be. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect a commitment that you will be the best you can be.
Please no phone calls. If interested, please submit resume to [email protected].