Licensed Nurses Assistant
Department: 4 East
Schedule: Part-time 30-35 hours
Hours: 32 Job Details:
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed. Summary:
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Licensed Nurses Assistant performs patient care activities in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. This position provides essential support to the patient and nursing staff as delegated and documents patient care information. The Licensed Nurse Assistant monitors the patient's environment for safety and anticipates and responds to patient needs. The Licensed Nurses Assistant works under the direction of the Registered Nurse. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Employees are expected to work consistently to demonstrate the mission, vision, beliefs, core values and standards of behavior of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Communicates effectively in a mature and respectful manner with employees, patients / family members and other healthcare disciplines to promote a positive work environment.
- Collaborate effectively with peers to promote unit, departmental, and organizational goals.
- Maintain patient's privacy and confidentiality.
- Collect and document basic patient care information as delegated including, but not limited to, vital signs including pulse oximetry, dietary intake and output, selective waived test results, etc.
- Perform basic patient care activities and related services, assisting with select activities of daily living as assigned.
- Assist to maintain a safe care environment through implementation of fall prevention strategies, maintaining par stock, maintaining admission readiness of rooms.
- Assist with transport of patients, supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collects and documents basic patient care information as delegated
- Performs basic patient care activities and related services.
- Maintains a safe patient care environment
- Anticipates and responds to patient needs
- Monitors patients for safety
The minimum required to perform the essential duties of the role. Preferred
These are not required to perform the basic functions of the role. Education
Formal education (e.g. High School Diploma, Bachelor's degree, graduate of an accredited program)
Completed LNA program
Include due date if licensure/certification is required after hire.
Licensed Nursing Assistant Experience
Number of years and type of directly related work experience (e.g. 2-4 years of accounting experience)
Acute Care experience preferred Knowledge
Commonly known principles to execute the duties of this job.
Basic medical terminology Skills
Measurable learnings (e.g. Intermediate level of Excel and Word)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated learnings(e.g. Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments)
Ability to achieve the following competencies:
Within 30 days:
· Basic life Support
· Glucometer Testing
· Safe Patient Handling Devices
· Bladder Scanning ( if applicable for department)
· Orthopedic devices and soft goods (if applicable for department)
· Heel Sticks (if applicable for department)
· Tube Feedings (if applicable for department)
· Hearing Screen for infant
· Congenital Heart Screen( if applicable for department)
· EKG( if Applicable)
· Monitor patient for safety
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.